Friday, June 29, 2012

Visiting S.H.A.P.E. and Finishing My Research Paper


6/26

Today, instead of going to class as usual our group went to S.H.A.P.E. (Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe) which is the central command of the NATO military forces. We all got on a bus (there were about 20 of us) and we had a 1 hour ride to the city of Mons in Belgium. Colonel Laura Potter showed us around part of the office building and also gave a presentation about the things that S.H.A.P.E. does. I thought it was very interesting to hear about all of the things that they do to communicate between countries and also to help other countries communicate with each other. Once we were done with our tour we went to a restaurant that was located close to the headquarters. When I was at the restaurant a waiter spilled soup on the side of my pants; it wasn’t too bad but it got cold after a while. We had another one hour bus ride back to the college and me and Paige walked home right after. I spent some time finishing up my research paper because it’s due tomorrow and I also made a presentation to go along with it to show the class. The rest of the night I spent relaxing and I was happy that my big assignment was finally finished. I had been working on it for the past few weeks and it was about 9 pages long. I went to bed soon after that.

This medal shows all of the flags of the countries that S.H.A.P.E. works with


Colonel Potter talking with our group



No comments:

Post a Comment