Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Returning to Brussels


6/10

Today I woke up around 8:30 and I went down to eat the same kind of breakfast as the day before. I made sure that all of my stuff was packed and I put it all in a locker at the hostel so that I could check out and come back to get it later. I wanted to walk around the city a little bit more before we had to leave. I walked through some of the stores in town and looked at the canals. Not a lot of things were open early on Sunday so I spent most of my time outside. I went back to the hostel so that we could all leave as a group to get on the train. We weren’t sure of the train schedule but we had been told that the trains run to Brussels about once every hour. We got to the train station just in time for one that was leaving. I slept for most of the trip but about half way through we were told that we had to get off. My group was broken into pairs and some of us were in separate train cars. They dropped us off at a station called Rosendahl in Holland. I was with Tyler, and we immediately went to the service desk to find the next train ride. We only had to wait about an hour which wasn’t too bad. We got on and continued our trip towards Brussels and ended up running into the rest of our group at a later stop in Antwerp. After all of the train issues and traveling through the public transport system I finally got home around 5 in the evening. It was good to finally be able to relax and put my bags down. I spent the rest of the night writing a paper and reading articles for class before finally going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment