Monday, June 18, 2012

Learning to Dial a Phone at Work


6/14

Today I got up and left early for work. I'm trying to make sure I have all of the hours I need for my internship. I have to get about 150 hours in 6 weeks so I work 7-8 hours 3 days a week which isn't too bad for me. The only difficulty is balancing between that and what need to get done for class. I've started writing a research paper for my class. I've chosen to write about how the education systems in Holland and Germany correlate with the progress of integration of immigrants in these countries. I think it's an interesting topic and right now I'm just trying to get through all of the reading and research. At work I had more computer-type things that I had to do. I was also given the task of calling other companies that we know of to get email addresses so that we can send them promotions. Luckily, the majority of people I talked to spoke English. I've now learned how to dial a phone; it's different than the U.S. because each country has a country code that must be dialed along with the phone number. This job has helped me learn how things work with phones and addresses which I didn't think would be a difficult thing to learn but it's taken me some time. After work, I went back home and had dinner with Paige and Rasma. Tyler was asleep in his room. Rasma got home from Latvia today so we're back to our usual dinner routine. Then me, Rasma and Paige went into the city for a while. There's a particular area that gets very busy with people at night time because everyone gets off of work. There was also a few soccer games on too so everyone was gathered around the bars with t.v.'s. We spent a little time in that area to see what it's like at night. We met up with a girl that had stayed with Rasma previously and we were able to meet some of her friends who were training at the EU. We eventually went back home and I spent the rest of the night reading my textbook before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment