Monday, June 4, 2012

Finally a Day Off


6/02
I finally had a day to relax. Weekends are now the only free days that I have just like when I’m in school. So today I decided to go around the main part of the city. I purchased an unlimited transit pass for a month so I’m taking advantage of that. I went into the city by taking a bus and then a tram that took me directly there. I had a great time being able to walk around and look at the different shops. I was able to take my time rather than having to rush through everything like I have before. My main purpose was to see what souvenirs were available in the city. I got to walk through the Brussels Town Hall (or at least the historical one). While I was there I had some fries, which is another thing that Belgium is known for besides chocolate, beer and waffles. I got back in the early evening and I spent some time reading my textbook. I like to have my evenings free for relaxing, not really reading but I do that anyways. Later on, me and Tyler ran to the corner store to get a couple of snacks. I got some Lays chips that were flavored like barbecue ham. They were really good. Then we stayed up watching a movie before going to bed.

The outside of Brussels' Town Hall

The Inside of Brussels' Town Hall

Me in front of Grand Place during a busy time

The great barbecue ham Lays chips

No comments:

Post a Comment