Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Cold Day Working


6/04

I was happy that I showered the night before because I didn’t have to rush in the morning. I ate a nutella sandwich for breakfast and left for work. When it’s not busy with traffic I can get to the hotel in only 40 minutes. I ended up getting there a little bit early which I liked. However, because this isn’t a regular job I just have to wait until my supervisor gives me things to work on so I usually have a lot of waiting time. This morning I was able to eat breakfast at the hotel; I was told that I can usually do that after all of the hotel guests leave because they don’t want to waste the food. I ate some croissants and bacon and then returned back to work. Today I spent a lot of time editing photos for the new television menu that they will be putting on the new tv’s that will arrive later this year. I also spent part of my time making a notification for the workers in the kitchen but it had to be in French so it took me a few times to get all of the spelling right. I worked about 7 and a half hours today and then traveled back home. It was pretty cold outside and it was raining so I decided to take an extra bus so I wouldn’t have to walk far. On my bus ride back I noticed that there are a lot of businesses and shops of the same kind that are close to each other. They put all of the bakeries, grocery stores and restaurants with the same kinds of food within the same area of the others. I finally got back home and was able to warm up and relax before dinner. We had hamburger and potatoes tonight. The food is always very good especially after working. Rasma will be leaving for about a week so she took us to the grocery store so that we would be able to get some extra food for ourselves. She drove us there which was really nice because usually we have to carry everything back with us that we buy. When we got back home I spent the rest of the night reading my textbook for class and then I finally went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment