Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Another Day at Work and Meeting a New Family


6/11

Today I woke up and went to my internship. I spent a lot of my time editing some of the website advertisements that the hotel had for the next month and then I wrote a few general information letters to customers that are attached to emails. My supervisor said that I should write the English customer letters because I’m so good at writing in English which made me happy that I was at least good at one language. Everything in the company is done in French, I really only make English signs and letters for a small segment of customers. I usually work about 7-8 hours each day for 3 days each week. I’ve finally gotten into a routine for what days I work and what days I’m in school. It’s been difficult trying to manage my time well when there’s so many things that I would like to do but I have school work that always has to be done. I’ve been in the process of writing my mid-term paper for my Islam and Politics class and so far I’ve spent about 4 or 5 hours researching and writing it. Soon I have to start writing a research paper that will be due in a couple of weeks. There are a lot of assignments in this 6 week time period so I’m constantly working on that. After I left work I went home to relax for a little while. Me and my roommates had a dinner date with Rasma’s friend. While Rasma is out of town for the week she arranged for 3 of her friends and their families to host us for dinner on 3 different nights this week. Today we met Terese and Jeroen who were both very nice and interesting to talk to. They had 2 kids that joined us for dinner but spent the majority of their time watching soccer on tv. It was great getting to know another family who has lived in Brussels for a while and we had a very good dinner. We didn’t stay too late at their house because they had to put their kids to bed. It worked out well because I was able to get back home and read some more of my textbook before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment