Monday, June 11, 2012

Only One Full Day in Amsterdam


6/09

Despite going to bed so late the night before I woke up around 9:30 which surprised me. I went to eat the breakfast at the hostel which I remembered so much from staying in the same place 2 years ago. The breakfast usually consists of sandwich meat, cheese, fruit, hard boiled eggs, bread and a lot of different spreads to put on it. I stayed safe and made a nutella sandwich and had a clementine. I spent the majority of my day walking around to different stores with Tyler. We were both looking for souvenirs and we also had some good food. I love eating fries in Holland; they’re served in a cone to go so you can keep walking while you eat. I loved to be able to see the same parts of the city and ride the tram. I also realized that there was a big culture difference between Belgium and Holland. Practically everyone in Amsterdam spoke English which I haven’t been used to for the past couple of weeks. Brussels is very French so I’ve learned a few phrases to get around but it was not what I expected. I had a great day just being in Amsterdam again and I wish that I could stay longer.

Fries in a cone and a great counter top


Our hostel


I love the scenery

No comments:

Post a Comment