Monday, June 4, 2012

Spending Time in a Different Part of the City


6/03

I got to sleep in today which was very nice. It was another free day for me. Paige, Tyler and I went down into a different part of town that’s known for retro furniture and antique shops. We were planning to go to a flea market that was supposed to be there but by the time we got there it was closing up. While we were walking around we saw a place called Place de la Chapelle which was a large church. It was very beautiful and I wished that I would have been able to go through it. It was fairly cold and rainy all day so we had our fun going to the different shops but then headed back to the main part of town that we had been to before. We tried to stay mainly indoors because of the weather. We stopped at a cafĂ© to eat, I had packed myself an apple for lunch. Then after another tram ride and a bus ride we got home and made some pasta for dinner. We had picked up some noodles from the corner store near the house before getting home. Our dinner was very good and we had some time to relax afterwards. Rasma’s son likes to watch the Home Alone movies so we’ve seen those a few times now. So we all sat and did some computer work while we watched Home Alone 2. I made sure to shower tonight to make sure that I would at least look decent for my internship in case I didn’t wake up in time again. I had another great time today being able to walk around the city more and I hope to be able to do more soon.



A few photos of Place de la Chapelle





No comments:

Post a Comment