Monday, June 18, 2012

A Rainy Day in Brussels


6 /13

I’ve been waking up pretty early in the mornings now every day. Paige removed the blind covering the window above my bed so now the sun wakes me up at about 7:15 in the morning. After I ate breakfast and packed my lunch I left with Paige to go to school early so that we could go to the computer lab before class. It was raining pretty bad outside so we got on a bus about half way through our walk. There were cars driving fast and splashing water onto the sidewalk. We finally got to school and we weren’t too wet. I was able to print out the mid-term essays that I had written and then I went to class for a couple of hours. I stayed indoors and ate the packed lunch I had because of the bad weather. After another couple of hours of class I had a meeting with my internship advisor at the college. Afterwards I went to a café with some of thepeople from my class. It was nice to relax there with them, there was a soccer game that was going to be starting soon when we were there but me and Paige had to leave a little early because we had another dinner to get to. The walk back home took about 30 or 40 minutes because we were in the main part of the campus. We got back a little later than we thought we would but we were only about 10 minutes late to dinner with another one of Rasma's friends Amanda. We had a very nice dinner with her and she had a student from Italy staying with her too so it was fun being able to talk about what it's like staying in Belgium. Afterwards I went back to the house to do more of my reading. I got to bed at a good time so that I could get a good night's sleep before work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment