Sunday, June 24, 2012

Going to Work, Touring a Mosque and Spending Time With Friends


6/22

I had a regular day at work making phone calls for hours. I left a little early to meet with my school group in the city to go through the Center for Islamic Culture. I had a difficult time finding it and it started raining while I was trying to get there. Luckily I ran into some people that I knew from class so we were at least able to search for it together. It was a very interesting place and I wish I had been able to see the whole tour. After we were done we all walked through Jubel Park looking around while the film crew got more footage of us. It had stopped raining which made it easier to walk around. We got to walk near the Triumphal Arch in Jubel Park. There was a group of people who were eating at something called Dining in the Sky where you’re suspended above the ground while you eat. I wasn’t able to get any good pictures of the park because they were in the center of the arches. After we got done with filming Paige and I went back to the house to make some dinner. We had pasta with tomato sauce and garlic rolls. The rest of the group was planning to go out to eat but we usually choose to eat at home because it’s so much cheaper. We did meet up with everyone else after dinner to go out and walk around in the area nearby. We eventually ended up at a small cafĂ© where the soccer game was playing. I usually don’t go out with everyone during the week but it was very close to where the house was so I could walk back home afterwards. I had a good time and we spent a few hours visiting different places and cafes. I stayed out until about midnight and then Paige and I went back home to go to bed.

The Center for Islamic Culture




The Triumphal Arch with people suspended in front of it






The other side of Jubel Park

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is great!! Really like hearing about your meals. And your adventures in and around Belgium! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete