Saturday, July 14, 2012

Returning Home


7/13

I woke up this morning and made sure that I had all of my things packed before eating breakfast. I spent about an hour with Paige, Rasma and Marcus watching tv and playing with Petey the gerbil. I know I’m going to miss everything about staying there and it was nice to have a little bit of time in the morning to enjoy it before leaving for the train station. I had a great time being in Brussels and my favorite part was my homestay family. I feel like I got the best homestay family and I will miss everything about staying there. I thought about all of the fun things that I did in Brussels while I was traveling to the airport. I got a lot of great experiences and some amazing friends that made everything worth it. I am ready to go home and see my family but I already missed Brussels while I was on the plane. We flew from Brussels to Amsterdam, from Amsterdam to Detroit, and from Detroit to Nashville. The flights weren’t too bad, I tried to stay awake for most of the time because I got back late at night. It was good to see my parents again and as soon as we got home I was able to show them all of the souvenirs that I had gotten and tell them stories about my trip. My shift from Belgium to America was very easy and I didn’t feel too tired. I’m happy to be back home and to sleep in my bed at my parent’s house now.

1 comment: