Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July Celebration in Brussels


7/04

Today was my last day of class; I’m very happy to be done with both my class and internship. As soon as class was over, Paige and I walked to a different part of town to go to a 4th of July celebration that was being put on by Boston University’s Brussels campus. There was a lot of typical 4th of July food like hamburgers, hot dogs and watermelon and some other kinds of food that I didn’t really expect like sausages, pasta and wine. I was able to meet some other students who were studying abroad in Brussels too. Some of them had internships like I did and some were taking classes through a different Belgian university. There were only about 10 American students at the party and about 30 or 40 other people who were associated with the university. It seemed somewhat “American” and it was a good experience to see what kind of things they associated with a July 4th celebration. Paige and I stayed for a couple of hours at the party, we had some great food and then we went back home. I spent the rest of the night working on my exam and then I went to bed afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment