Thursday, July 12, 2012

Going to the Asian Pavilions and Mini Europe


07/09
Today was a free day for Paige and I we started by taking Rasma out to lunch as a thank you gift for housing us for more than a month. We found a nice restaurant near the house and it was very good food. The restaurant was a fancy place that served a 3-course meal. I ate some dim sum which was filled with shrimp, curry chicken and crème brûlée for dessert. After our lunch, Paige and I decided to go and see some of the sites in Brussels that we hadn’t seen already. We started with the Chinese and Japanese Pavilion; it turned out that it was closed on Mondays but we were still able to walk around and take photos of the outside of the buildings. We walked through some of the streets and we found the Royal Palace and a Monument to Leopold I. Then we went to see Mini Europe which is a place that has replicas of the most prominent sites around Europe from every country. I was a little disappointed that there was only one site that was focused on in Hungary and Greece. The only thing from Hungary that there was a model of was the Széchenyi bath house and it Greece they only showed the Acropolis. I felt like there were so many other things in both countries that could have been shown. We spent about an hour walking around to all of the different sites and I really enjoyed it because the models were very realistic. Then we went back home to eat dinner together. I had a really fun day and I walked around a lot so it was nice to relax at home during the evening. Paige and I worked on the giant puzzle and we finally finished it. Then I stayed up watching tv with Tyler for a while and then I went to bed.

Dim sum at the restaurant


Chicken curry


One of the towers at the Chinese and Japanese Pavilion



Palais Royal (the Royal Palace)


The monument to Leopold I



The replica of Grand Place in Brussels, Belgium



The model of the Széchenyi bath house


The model of the Acropolis

The giant puzzle that Paige and I have been working on




No comments:

Post a Comment