Monday, July 2, 2012

Going to Luxembourg for the Weekend

6/30

I woke up a little early this morning so that I could get to the train station with Tyler. We’re going to Luxembourg City for the weekend. I don’t know what is going to be there but I’m interested in seeing a new country. The train ride was about 3 hours long and we both slept most of the way there. Once we got to Luxembourg we went to the bed and breakfast that we were staying at. Luckily there was a bus that took us straight there. We checked in and then left right away to explore the city. While we were walking around we saw the Adolphe Bridge, Place de Metz and many other interesting places. We also had the chance to take a bus tour throughout the city that showed us some of the most popular areas. On the tour they mentioned that there used to be many more historical buildings but they aren’t around anymore and the areas have been turn into business districts which disappointed me. I had thought that the city would have old buildings but a lot of it is just concentrated in one area. Tyler and I spent the entire afternoon and part of the evening walking around and seeing everything. I think that going to Luxembourg City could have been a day trip but it was still nice to have a place to sleep and not have to take a 3 hour train ride at night. Once we got back to the place that we were staying we just watched tv for a while; the majority of it was in French other than the BBC Network. I went to bed soon after that.

The bed and breakfast room that I stayed in


The Grand Duke William II's statue in Place Guillaume II

(the town square of the city)


The Adolphe Bridge


Place de Metz. This building has been used for various purposes by

the European Commission and is currently a bank


An overlook into the lower levels of the city that shows the Adolphe

Bridge and Place de Metz


The Gëlle Fra (Golden Lady), a monument for those who volunteered

during World War I

No comments:

Post a Comment