Thursday, May 31, 2012

First Day of My Intership


5/31
I had about 4 or 5 hours of sleep from getting in late last night but I woke up around 6AM and began getting ready. I left the house around 7:30AM and it took me an hour and a half to make it to the hotel where I would be interning. I’m trying to find the best way to get there but I did arrive on time. My day began by meeting my supervisor Mr. Scheers who works in the sales department at the hotel. I did small task for the first day such as laminating menus, creating excel spreadsheets and making a customer survey for the guests. I worked about 8 hours and then began my trip home. It took me at least an hour to get back and afterwards I was very tired from traveling so much. I sat down in the main part of the house and began working on my computer and reading my textbook for class. Shortly afterwards dinner was ready. Rasma had cooked a stir fry with rice, chicken, cashews, carrots, and a few other vegetables. After dinner I continued reading my book until I felt like I couldn’t read any more. Night time is the time for all of us to be able to talk. That’s what we do pretty much every night and we have a good time together talking about what we did and still getting to know more about each other. I didn’t stay up as late as the previous night because of how tired I was feeling so I went to bed around a normal time so that I could wake up ready for my internship the next day.

The hotel that I'm interning at


My desk at work


My shirt pin that I have to wear

No comments:

Post a Comment