Thursday, May 31, 2012

Orientation at Vesalius College


5/29

Today I got up and showered before eating breakfast. I’ve been sleeping very well at Rasma’s house. For breakfast I had a sandwich with nutella. Then Paige, Tyler and I left to go to orientation at Vesalius College. The walk to campus is about 25 minutes and it’s a great way to see the different parts of Brussels. The orientation and tour of campus didn’t take very long and we were able to eat at the cafeteria for lunch. I have enjoyed the food so far, there are a lot of different types of food served throughout the city. After lunch I had a separate orientation with the other students who are planning to start their internships soon. Mine will begin on the 31st and I am very excited. I just have to figure out the transit system to find the best way to get to the Gresham Belson Hotel. After my internship orientation I had my first class session in the Political Science course that I’m taking. I can tell it will be a very interesting and informative class. Then Paige and I walked back to the house to get our ID cards and passports so that we could buy transit passes. While we were at the house we talked with Rasma and she said she would accompany us to the metro station where we needed to buy passes which was very helpful because during the trip I realized I wouldn’t have known which stops to get off at. After getting our cards that would allow us to use all of the public transportation, we returned home. We were all able to relax for a little while after a long day and then Rasma began preparing dinner. I ate many of the same side dishes along with some turkey and we had pineapple for dessert. Tonight was a good night to catch up on all of my computer stuff and also unpack my bags in my room. I went to bed at a good time after being able to relax.

1 comment:

  1. The food sounds and looks wonderful. Good thing you get to walk every day ! :) Have a great first-day-at-work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete